The General Data Protection Regulation or G.D.P.R. provides gives citizens of the European Union (EU) certain rights when you use services that process personal data. In order to allow you to exercise these rights. Ravenanm is GDPR compliant.
- Ravenanm cannot read or listen to any of your private chats and calls because they are protected by end-to-end encryption by default. Our Service is automatically in place from as soon as you start sending messages or making calls with the app without any need for you to turn on your encryption settings.
- Ravenanm allows you to delete messages you have sent both yourself and the people you have sent it to. This means whatever you decided to delete will no longer appear on your device or on your friend’s device, even if they have already seen it. You don’t even have to worry about how long it’s been since you sent your message since you can delete at any time.
- When you have something sensitive to say, Secret Chats let you set a self-destruct timer for every message in the conversation. Every message in a Secret Chat is automatically deleted from all members’ of the chat’s phones once it has been read. Secret Chats also have inbuilt screenshot protection – Android users can’t take a screenshot, and if someone on an iPhone takes a screenshot, you will receive a notification.
- Ravenanm does not store your personal chats. Messages that are delivered are not copied onto our servers. If your friend’s phone is off or they don’t have an internet connection, your message will wait patiently, safe and encrypted, on our servers for a limited time or until their device is ready to receive it.
- If you believe we have the wrong data about you, or that your data is incomplete, feel free to change it at any time through the profile settings on your app settings on your mobile device.
- Ravenanm made it easy to delete historical data on the app, while continuing to use the app. Once prompted we will delete the data which we are not otherwise required to keep or is necessary for the provision of the service. Deleting your data will not remove the chats on your app on your phone.
- Note that when you deactivate the Ravenanm account your data and chats are automatically deleted from your devices.
- Ravenanm allows you to opt out of certain processing of your data by using the privacy settings on your mobile device. You can decide which processing operations you want to opt-out of. You can also change the settings on your mobile device operating system at any time to prevent us gaining access to certain data such as your accurate location.
- On top of the ability to opt out of processing by changing your settings, you can object to the processing of certain forms of data by contacting our support. Complete the online form and explain your special circumstances. If you receive emails from us, you can always opt out on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our support.
- We welcome young users between the ages of 13 and 16. Children’s privacy settings are set by default to the most protective settings and cannot be changed until the user reaches 16 years of age. This way, users between the ages of 13 and 16, can safely use our services with enhanced protection by us.
Scope and consent
Before you start using the app, it’s important you understand that by using our Services, you allow us to collect, use, disclose, and retain your personal information and other information but we will never read or listen to the content you are sharing privately. You can be sure that we will only use your information as described in this Policy.
First of all, we want you to be assured that we do not read or listen to the content of your messages and/or calls made privately via Raven and we do not store those messages once they have been delivered to their destination. If for some reason the message wasn’t delivered to its destination it will be deleted from our servers.
Note that chats with bots, Public Accounts and in communities are not end-to-end encrypted, but we do encrypt such messages when sent to the Raven servers and when sent from the Raven servers to the relevant third party.
The minimum information required is collected to achieve the purposes set out in this Policy.
(a) Registration and Account Information: When you use our various Services you voluntarily give us personal information (e.g., name, email, birth date, age, phone number and, when necessary, billing information) and you are not anonymous to us. That means your name and photo (if you choose to provide them) will be visible to other Raven users and they can search you by name unless you change your settings. We may suggest you as a possible contact to people we believe you may know (without revealing your phone number), unless you turn off this option. When you install the Raven App, you’ll also be asked to allow us access to your mobile device’s address book. A copy of the phone numbers and names of all your contacts will be collected and stored on our servers, mainly in order for us to be able to enable you and your contacts to connect.
(b) Social Media Information: If you sign in to your Raven account through third-party social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, you agree to give us on-going access to your personal information on such sites (e.g., your public profile, friend list, accounts you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, and video viewing). We may receive certain information about you which is stored on social media sites if users of those sites give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends or connections, depending upon your settings on those sites.
(c) Activity Information: While using the Raven Services, we will collect, and other users can see, your connection status, whether you have received and seen messages sent to you, if you are currently on another call, and information related to the calls and messages you have sent and received such as length of the call, who called who, who messaged who, and at what time; if you do not want people to know that you’re online or that you’ve seen messages, you can change these options in your settings. As for delivered status and call information (length of the call, missed calls etc.), we believe they are important for other users and therefore cannot be canceled.
We collect information about the value added services you are using over Raven and/or apps you have downloaded through. This includes whether you are presently online, your personal preferences and the way you use that service. We may also tell other users that you are using a certain service or app.
(d) Information from Other Sources: The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g. demographic information and additional contact information) that we have received in accordance with the law.
(e) Device and Location Information: We collect additional information when you access our App through a certain device (e.g. your mobile device’s unique identifier; your session’s ip address; information about your device’s operating system, your browser, browser or operating system language; your wireless network, and your mobile carrier;). We may also collect your WPS location data – you can choose whether to allow this by changing your geolocation tracking settings.
Unless otherwise specified, we retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for us to achieve the purposes referred to above or to enable us to comply with our legal data protection retention obligations. Upon deactivation of your account, we will minimize the personal data we keep about you only to such data which we are required to keep to comply with laws, or other legal reasons. We may keep activity data on a non-identifiable basis to improve our services. Your posts on public accounts and communities may remain available if you do not delete them.
Your data is kept safe with us, but we do share your personal information with third parties we trust in order to provide you with our services, as follows:
(a) We may share the information we collect about you with the Raven group. The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches.
(b) App Providers and Other Third-Parties: We may disclose your information to service providers and other third-parties under contract who help with providing you and others our Services on our behalf or other services provided by third-parties via our Services (such as, but not limited to, fraud and spam investigations, payment processing, site analytics and operations, providing special partnership features in our service– either on an aggregate non identifiable basis, or using a unique identifier which is not attributable to you). They are required to secure the data they receive and to use the data for pre-agreed purposes only.
(c) Advertising partners: to enable the limited advertisements on our service, we may share a unique advertising identifier that is not attributable to you, with our third party advertising partners, and advertising service providers, along with certain technical data about you (your language preference, country, city, age, and device data), based on our legitimate interest. This includes partners managing our advertising placements and also advertisers themselves and their agencies or third parties managing their advertising demands.
(d) Legal and Law Enforcement: We may disclose your information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to terror acts, criminal investigations or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user to legal liability.
(e) Change of Control – New Owners: We may share your information with another business entity, if we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business, or are involved in a transaction with similar financial effect. In such a situation we would make reasonable efforts to request that the new combined entity or other structure follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information was intended to be used differently, we would ask the new entity to provide you with prior notice.
Information You Share Publicly
(a)Some of our Services allow you to share information with others on a public basis. If you post information on a public feature of our Services or through social media sites, plug-ins or other applications, do not forget this information is public on our Services and, depending upon your privacy settings, may also become public on the Internet. When you post on Communities, the admin of the Community has the ability to allow everybody to access it, but you can always actively delete messages you posted. We cannot prevent or control further use of this information so please make sure you only post information that you’re happy to be seen publicly. We may also further use such public information you share, for various reasons, such as improving our service and providing you with relevant content, and analyzing trends.
When do we collect personal information?
(a)When you use Raven, Raven may also access to the contact list, photos and documents stored in your mobile phone for the purpose to exchange it with your friends.
(b)The data that Raven use are anonymous, there are used for the proper functioning of Raven.
(c)By using Raven, you grant to Raven the right to have access and display all media content (e.g. audio & video and text communications) that you upload, send, or otherwise exchange with Raven, for the only purposes of operating Raven service.
What do we use your information for?
(a)Phone Number: We use your phone number to send you the validation code that complete your Raven registration. Your Phone Number is used in Raven’s smart contact list as well, so that your friend can find you more easily. By entering Phone Numbers, Raven users can see in their Raven’s contact list who is using the application.
(b)Contact list: Raven-Android, Raven automatically imports your contacts’ phone numbers from your phone’s address book.
(c)Photos and other files : We only access to the files stored on your phone when you send it in text messages with Raven. Such files are only temporary stored.
(d) Audio & videos recordings and text messages : we access and temporary store audio and video packets when you make Raven calls, but we never read or listen your private voice, video, or text content.
How is your information stored and how do we protect it?
(a)We offer the use of a secure server. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
(a)We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, or all type of content that you may upload or send with Raven (e.g. text conversations, calls, videos, photos; etc.).